Under the motivational leadership of Ms Arundhati Bhattacharya, President SBI Ladies Club Mumbai, the other subsidiary Ladies Club like our own are doing a lot of social work.
The SBI Ladies Club of the Bengal Circle, besides being a forum for exchange of views and experience on various social, political, cultural, educational and household issues, also engages itself in more relevant social and humanitarian activities.The Club is committed to serving the society is whatever small way it can. It will work:
- To improve the quality of life in and around the rural and semi urban areas with the help of suitable socio economic programmes
- To work towards improving the life of children of economically weaker sections of the society by carefully assessing their wants and providing them with whatever help possible in the form of ca sod kind ( notebooks, stationery, books etc.).
- To provide emergency relief in case of a national or natural calamity.
- To provide vocational training to poor girls or widows or provide help to such centres involved in vocational training.
- To provide basic life amenities to children of adopted slums
- To counsel and mentor adopted girl children under "Adoption of girl child" scheme.
- To provide welfare service to the differently abled children.
- To undertake any activity that will help under privileged children.
- To organize functions / activities / social meets with a view to generate funds for the upliftment of the downtrodden and weaker sections of the society as also to develop better understanding and spirit of team work among the members.